When Is It Time To Talk With A Realtor?
Many people only see a doctor when they're sick or have some other health concern. On the other hand, some people visit a doctor regularly for check-ups, to ask questions and get advice, and to maintain good health.
Which do you think is the better approach? I would suggest the second one.
The same thing is true when it comes to real estate. Even if you have no current plans to buy or sell a home, there are many reasons to talk to a REALTOR® regularly in order to maintain your good "real estate" health. For example, you can:
* Get an assessment of the current market value of your home, so you can make an informed decision about whether to stay or move.
* Ask about the state of the local real estate market (which may be vastly different than what you hear on the national news.)
* Find out what homes are currently selling for in the area.
* Learn what's currently available on the market, especially in neighbourhoods you would like to live in and that are within your budget.
* Ask for a contractor recommendation.
In fact, it's a good idea to have a chat with your REALTOR® once or twice a year, even if it's just to say hello.
You want to build a relationship with a good REALTOR® who understands (and cares about) you and your needs. That way, when it does come time for you to make a move, you're dealing with a REALTOR® you already know and trust.
Don't have a good REALTOR®? Call today!